The directors of all Robertson companies recognise the crucial importance of responsible environmental management to all our futures, as well as the opportunities it offers to improve our competitiveness and overall business.
At all times, Robertson companies will seek to reduce their environmental impact to a practical minimum, controlling our endeavours through an environmental management system based on ISO 14001.
We will do this by complying with all applicable laws, environmental regulations and codes of practice wherever we operate. Wherever possible and feasible, we will endeavour to exceed any regulatory requirement.
Robertson recognises that protecting the environment is a core corporate responsibility and will ensure that our environmental policy, which is a key component of our wider CSR approach, develops in line with all internationally recognised standards.
Further, we will:
- Make environmental consideration and awareness a key aspect of each employee's responsibilities through the provision of training and information.
- Constantly improve and develop our standards in line with changing legislation.
- Employ good resource management, including the use of recycled materials where appropriate.
- Take steps to prevent pollution and minimise waste.
- Ensure each group company regularly monitors achievements against objectives through reviews and audits based on the nature and scale of their own activities.
- Review our environmental policy biennially to ensure continuing relevance.
Robertson on the environment